Saturday, November 10, 2007

I am Such a Nerd

More Stats (Yes, AGAIN)...
  • I am 36 pounds from ONDERLAND!
  • I am 44 pounds from an "Overweight" BMI (29.9)
  • I am 76 pounds from GOAL. (NORMAL BMI)

I am scared about riding on the plane. I have always worried about this. I am worried that I will spill over into another seat. I am hoping that I don't need a seat belt extension. I don't want to get looks of disgust from other passengers. I don't want to have to walk "sideways" down the isle. I rode in first class to and from for my surgery. I completely filled up the first class seat, and of course, I needed the seat belt extension. I keep trying to remind myself that I don't weigh almost 400 pounds anymore, but most days I truly think the mental aspect is the hardest part of the WLS journey.

I have talked with one of my friends who is going on the vacation with me. We are going to exercise every day. She talked about a few mornings waking up early to walk the deck of the ship and watch the sun rise. I will certainly be all about swimming on the trip. I am also loving my elliptical machine, so I want to do some of that too.

Tia made some good suggestions about how she handled eating while on her vacations. It is ok to indulge on one thing a day, and try to stick to your plan the rest of the time. In thinking about her comment...this is what thin people do on vacation. They have a little bit, but don't go overboard.

No comments: