Monday, November 12, 2007

Putting Away The Digital Scales...Future Goals

My digital scales are driving me crazy. I paid $70 for the scale. It has a mind of it's own. Clearly possessed. It can add 5-9 pounds within minutes of weighing. I realize there is some fluctuation, but this is getting ridiculous. It is no longer mentally healthy for me to weigh on the digital scales right now. The digital scales are going up in the closet, and will make a reappearance sometime, but probably not for a few months. As long as the number on my traditional scale continues to go down, I will be happy.

I would really like to do something big to celebrate my one year DS anniversary in March. I have talked about going on a trip, and that is certainly still in the works. I would also like to do something physically challenging to really "push" my body. It would certainly keep my focus on the "prize" of reaching GOAL. I am thinking of walking a 10K. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for one that I can enter in around March/April of 2008. My ultimate goal is to be in ONDERLAND by March 26, 2008. That is my one year anniversary. I strongly feel I can make it, even if it is to 199. I hope that my body wants to go along for the ride.

I would really love to run a 5K/10K, but I am just not there yet. I broke my ankle in 1998, and have screws and a plate in it. I just don't want the extra strain on that joint, without my weight being much lower. I would "love" to become a runner, but I don't even want to start entertaining that idea until I am under 200 pounds. Other people may be fine with running prior to being under 200, but for me this is most comfortable. I am thinking that by the time I finish the 10K, I should be under 200 pounds, and I could start training for a 5K RUN.

No comments: