Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hanging Out with My Friend

My friend Penny is visiting from college. We are having a good time. :) We went to Catos today and I got a size 14/16 pair of black pants and two 14/16 tops. I will show you them on the 26th (my 10 month post-op pictures). It felt so good for those pants to fit and zip up.

I was looking forward to seeing my friend for several reasons, but one of them was to go out to eat at some places I don't regularly go. Yes, I've had a few things I would not normally have, but it is weird. Food just doesn't have the hold on me like it once did. Yes, I "enjoyed" it, but I was not a SLAVE to it if that makes any sense. We went to IHOP, and I got the Harvest Grain pancakes. I had 1 1/4 of a pancake, and about 1/3 of a thing of hashbrowns. I didn't WANT anymore. I've lived in the "clean your plate" world for so long, I am still learning to be at awe with this "eat until you are satisfied" world. I like it here better. I feel better.

No comments: