Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Please!!!

There is being cautious, and there is just plain obsessing over stupid things.

Today I had lunch with my friends, and had bread with my meal. I didn't have a lot of it, but on the way home, I started to obsess over it. I seriously was mad at myself for letting myself eat the bread. Just a few minutes ago, it hit me. I have not had ANY bread for over 6 weeks. Why am I beating myself up for just a little bit on occasion?

I like how my perspective has changed post DS. Prior to surgery, just having some bread would not have even come close for me considering that as "ruining" my day. My eating was so out of control, even my worst day on the DS, makes me look like a saint pre-op. I like that I have a shorter check on myself now. I think things through. Yes, today I really did over think it. I'm so happy I'm not the person that I was.

No comments: