Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another First! (Thanks DS!)


Tonight I had an AWESOME first date!!! We had dinner at the Olive Garden, and then he asked if I would want to go ballroom dancing with him. We danced for almost THREE hours. He even twirled me around a bunch of times throughout the night. I really felt like a princess out there dancing. I had such a great time! Not only was I ballroom dancing, I was wearing cute high heeled wedge shoes while I did it. :)

I got up at 6:30 this morning, taught GED for six hours, and went ballroom dancing all in the same day. Never before would I have had enough energy/stamina to do such a thing as a pre-op. He was super encouraging as well, telling me that I was doing a great job, etc.

Here was the other thing....there were about 6 other women there, and I really didn't feel like I stood out in the crowd. I felt normal. I felt like I was an equal to them, that I had just as much of a right to be on the dance floor as they did. They were all super nice ladies.

He asked me out on a second date. :)

No comments: