Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Because It is There...

I've gotten so much better at not eating things simply "because they are there." Today, though I ate a lemon bar. Do I even like lemon bars....um not so much? Why did I waste my carbs on something that I don't like? Ridiculous. Behavior. That. Must. Be. Stopped.

So, I'm sure some of you are thinking, "It's no big deal, it was just one lemon bar." Yeah, that is true, but if I don't watch things, this is a behavior I could easily resort back to, and I don't want to do that. It wasn't one thing that got me fat, it was a series of small stupid choices that I made repeatedly. If I let my mind fool me into thinking that this one thing doesn't matter, then I will think that gaining five pounds is acceptable, and going back up a size in jeans is fine too.

Ok, I'm officially off my soapbox and going to bed now.

No comments: