Saturday, November 29, 2008

D-R-A-M-A

I got home this afternoon from North Carolina. While I was waiting for my luggage, I gave my mom a call. She tells me that we are now having Christmas with my grandmother (my only living grandparent) on December 26th. That is the day I fly back to North Carolina to be with Ben's family for the holiday. I was crushed. My family has always done Christmas on Christmas day at my Gran's house. The only "changes" we have ever made was to adjust the time by an hour or so. Why are we doing this? For ONE relative. Yes, I am a little mad right now. I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

Ben has been really supportive of me on this trip. He has made it pretty clear (in a nice way) that he is very happy with where I am weight wise, and doesn't want me to lose anymore. I felt weird about eating so frequently in front of his family. He found ways for us to get away from the crowd so that I could eat, or he would eat something small himself, so we both were eating. It was really sweet. I've told him that when we go back down in December, I'm just going to get my normal food from the grocery store, and just explain to his mom that I eat more frequently than most people.

My house is driving me nuts. I really need to do some heavy duty cleaning and organizing. I just don't have the energy to do it right now. I know that is nothing but an excuse, but seriously, I don't even want to think about it. I have GED for the next two weeks, but the following week I don't have it. That week I'll just do my day job. I'm going to work on it that week so that I can have it DONE for the holidays. I won't have to worry about doing it over the holidays.

I had a conversation with a girl at the Biltmore, since I saw her in a "trail marathon" shirt. I was asking her about how it was different training wise from a traditional marathon, etc. She said, "You look like a runner. You are very thin." I would love to be able to get back into running. My doctor just wants me to take it easy for awhile, and I think that would be for the best.

Off to bed. Church in the morning, NAPPING in the afternoon (along with putting away the clothes from my suitcases), dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday in the evening.

No comments: