Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Few WOWS!

Tonight I was visiting with the family, and I was holding a baby. I got up with the baby. No holding onto the side of the sofa. I was able to get up with the baby in my arms safely and effortlessly.

After dinner tonight, Ben's mom said she was sorry, but there wasn't any dessert. She looked at me and said, "Do you eat dessert? You don't look like a person who eats dessert." I was laughing so hard on the inside. I just smiled at her.

The trip in was "almost" uneventful. I have NEVER lost luggage in all my years of flying. I only find ONE suitcase when we arrive in Charlotte. I panic. We look everywhere, it is MISSING. I packed many things in each suitcase (like all my underwear in one, etc.), and here I have to meet his entire family for the first time. I go through the lost luggage, and when we leave I burst into tears. My money is really tight right now with the holidays and the fact that I did that special Thanksgiving dinner for my students. I don't even have money to spend right now. Ben comes around to hold me, and right out of the corner of my eye, I see my missing baggage. It wasn't there ten minutes prior. I was so relieved!

I did not bring my scales down for a few reasons. The first is I was afraid how the cargo trip might damage them, but the most important reason is I am on an alternate bathroom schedule....which I HATE. I was never super regular pre-DS, but I have gotten accustomed to this as a post-dser. Whenever I do something out of the ordinary, my bathroom system locks up. Right now, I am sharing a bathroom with Ben. In a few days, I will be sharing a bathroom with his mom. My weight would not be accurate anyhow.

As far as food goes, I am trying not to stress about it. I brought enough to have two chocolate protein shakes a day (62 grams of protein). I did have 2 pieces of garlic toast tonight, and one piece of regular toast with peanut butter on it for breakfast. At lunch today I had a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup with a very small wheat roll, and about 1/2 of a 5 bean salad. The five bean salad was so yummy. I am going to look for some recipes to try to make that on my own in the future. I am trying to comfort myself in the fact that I am eating complex carbs, and so far have not indulged in any simple carbs. I don't feel that I am making horrible food choices.

I met Ben's brother, sister-in-law, and their two children tonight. I bonded with Ben's mom all this morning while Ben was sleeping. Things are going very well so far.

No comments: