Sunday, November 30, 2008

Seize the Day...

Well one thing I've noticed,
wherever I wander
Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander
You can do what you will with the days you are given
I'm trying to spend mine on the business of living
These are lyrics I listened to from an old Carolyn Arends song today. Part of me just wanted to nap the entire afternoon/evening away. I did take a shorter nap this afternoon, but I decided to go with Ben to a birthday dinner for a friend. I am so glad that I did. I've spent so long on the sidelines, I've gotten too comfortable. I forget that there is so much more to life than watching it pass by. Yes, I want to be well rested, and not run myself into the ground. I am still at a point where there are days when I need to force myself to socialize. Not once after I have done that do I regret the choice that I have made. I have some years in my life where I really hid behind my weight, and I didn't truly live. I have much time to make up for. Each day matters, each moment counts.
Tonight Ben and I went to a Tapas Restaurant, and I ordered two great dishes (they are very small, even for a DSer). The atmosphere was ultra trendy, and it was great to be around good friends. I even got to meet another girl who was very sweet.
Next weekend's plans are:
Friday night: Ben and I are getting our Christmas tree (my first REAL Christmas tree), decorating it, and the like
Saturday: Having lunch with my DS group, going to a play that evening
Sunday: Church, lunch, and maybe something else

No comments: