Sunday, March 8, 2009

Caring for the Sick

Ben is really sick. I've been taking care of him since yesterday afternoon. I am pretty wore out myself, and I sure hope that I don't catch what he has going on. SO. NOT. FUN.

Ben being sick brings me to a weight loss topic: Stress Eating. I didn't have much of an opportunity to eat when taking care of him. I know that my body needs a certain amount of calories because of my surgery. That doesn't mean that I have a license to eat whatever I can grab. There are going to be many more times where I stress eat, but that does not give me the license to eat crap. I have to make better choices in order to continue to maintain my weight loss.

I did find a drink yesterday that I am in love with! Fuze: Empower (Pomegranate Acai Berry). This drink is twenty calories and four carbs. It has been almost two years, and I still miss Coca-Cola! I would love to pick up a can and have some. Yet, I know that I cannot. Fortunately, there are many other excellent alternatives out there. Take time to find what works for you. Don't give into liquid calories that are useless.



No comments: