Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh Yeah!!!

One of the things on my list that I wanted to be able to accomplish by losing weight was: to be light enough that a man could pick me up. I let Ben read my list of things back when I first told him that I had weight loss surgery. He has been insistant on picking me up ever since then. :) It was me who kept saying, "No, not yet." Last night was THE night.

Ben. picked. me. up. Not the pick me up two inches off the ground, I mean scooped me up in his arms and picked me up! :) Like the, "Hey you are a princess, so I'll pick you up." I cannot tell you how happy this made me.

Next, he wanted to try giving me a piggy back ride (also on my list), but the whole leaning forward and rocking back for him to lift me kinda scared me. What was cool though was that I knew he COULD do it. I would love to have a picture of me on his back for some of our fun outdoor engagement pictures we will be taking soon.

Not so proud:
I ate until I was uncomfortably stuffed on Sunday evening. I felt awful for awhile. It has been a long time since I have ate like that.

Proud:
Saturday afternoon, I realized that I was starting to get full. I still knew I was ok to eat a bit more, but just a "bit." I looked at my plate, and decided that I wanted to eat some more of the yummy broccoli salad. I only had that.

Realizing how uncomfortable I had been on Sunday evening, and that I didn't want a repeat of that on Monday: I ate very reasonably sized portions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet that you felt so great (and safe!) with Ben to allow him to pick you up!

About 'not so proud': I know exactly what you mean. We went out for Thai food the other day, and I ate past the point where I was full, b/c it was "so good." What was not so good was feeling sick the entire next morning from being over-full...listening to your body is key!!