Thursday, September 24, 2009

I made this Italian Sausage and Cheese Tortellini Soup for lunch today.



Ben and I outside the Sherlock Holmes Pub which was built by his dad in the back of his old house. We got to tour the house HH grew up in, and that was neat to see.


Closeup and the Sherlock Holmes Pub:

This is a mix that HH and I made in the oven, and it turned out really yummy. It has brown sugar, vanilla, lite corn syrup, pumpkin candy corn, popcorn, chex mix, peanuts, and cheerios. It was from a Taste of Home magazine recipe.


I was ready the latest Cooking Light magazine, and it was talking about portion control. One of the ten things they recommended was "out of sight, out of mind," principle. They cited a survey of office workers who kept their candy in their desk, verses on their desk, and how over a period of time the containers that were away were consumed less. This principle has proved true at work for me. I've had quite a bit of chocolate that I bought at the beginning of the year, which I have placed in the filing cabinet, and I have yet to touch it.
I told you I was signing up for cooking classes. Here are the classes that I signed up for:
  • October 7th: Fall Pasta Sauces
  • October 14th: Autumn Cookies
  • October 28th: No Knead Artisan Breads
  • November 6th: Date Night with HH (White Truffle Risotto with Parmesean Cheese * Sauteed Pork Cutlets with Tomato, Black Olives, Roasted Peppers, and Mozzarella* Key Lime Tarts with Chantilly Cream
  • November 10th: Grandma's Thanksgiving Table
  • December 1st: Dinner in Paris
  • December 14th: Gingerbread House Decorating Workshop with HH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! And that soup looks amazing.

I have to hide candy from my boss, otherwise she eats 20 mini Reese's peanut butter cups PER DAY!

Awesome about the cooking classes! We have a local cooking school, but the classes START at $150 for two hours! A little steep for me - look forward to hearing how they go.

Happy Friday!

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.