Monday, September 21, 2009

The Reaction

I forgot to mention the reaction of my friend Ms. Kay! (Thanks ChiTown Girl for the reminder!) She went on and on about how great I looked. She said she was happy I didn't ask her to meet me somewhere, because she would not have recognized me. She asked me a zillion questions about my surgery, and I forget the reactions people have when they know I can eat a ton of fat, and lose weight. She told me I looked so healthy. That made me feel really good.

My student teacher started her solo week today. She loved all the personalized swag I got her as a present for all her hard work. (This is my fourth one, and seriously, she is THE best.) I also love this class. This is probably number two of my favorite classes in all nine years. I got a blue million things done since I am going to be out Wednesday through Friday. Honestly, her solo could not have been at a better time.

I went shopping at Fashion Bug this afternoon, and got aggravated. The new way that they sort out clothes is frustrating. All the clothes (size 6-30) are grouped together. Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with what size you are, but this makes it extremely frustrating when you are trying to find YOUR size in the mix of things. There were two things I dug through the whole rack for, only to find out that they were two of the "plus-sized" only items. Um, I thought your store said you had everything in all sizes....thankyouverymuch. I did end up with a dress, a yellow corduroy jacket, and three tops. I didn't enjoy the process of digging for the said items.

I bit the bullet today. I put $65.00 down for National Boards registration. (That is all we have to pay as the university will pay the rest.) I am going to try to do this thing. I don't know when we will be moving, but this is important for me to try. After dinner, Ben and I are going to Staples, the organizational wonderland, for me to buy things to get ready for the process. I LOVE being organized, and cute office supplies.

2 comments:

Steph said...

That's great that you are going for your National Boards! Ohhh Staples... color coded post-its are definitely one of my favorite parts of teaching! haha

ChiTown Girl said...

I think it's great that you're going to keep pursuing National Boards. I have every confidence that you'll do it!!