Thursday, October 1, 2009

Celebrating Mallory's 2nd Birthday....



Plastic food....can life get any better at 2?


After our dinner with my brother and his family, HH surprised me with a trip to the Cheesecake Factory. He remembered that today was the first day for Pumpkin Cheesecake to come out. He bought me a whole pumpkin cheesecake. They are good for six months in the freezer. Below I am holding my cheesecake and my new Kindle!


I called one of my students out privately for saying a comment about someone being fat (not in our class). I had his sister last year (she was in my wedding), and she is a bit heavy so I certainly wanted to drive home the point that you don't make fun of people's weight. Haley overhears my conversation (I told this student that I used to be overweight, and didn't like to hear comments like that). Haley asks me about it. I showed her a picture (this all took place during lunch in our classroom), and she was trying to be so thoughtful, paused, and said, "You were pretty big there." Prior to showing her the picture, she said there was no way that I could have weighed over 300 pounds. I just chuckled inside my head.
The morning brings the dentist and the doctor, trying to squeeze in visits on days when teachers are off. I'm sure they will be full of my fellow co-workers too.

1 comment:

JLI said...

I had no idea the Kindle was that big! I was thinking along the lines of an iPod Classic or something.

I think I'd rather have that pumpkin cheesecake you got there! Hubs LOVES the Cheesecake Factory. Especially their vanilla bean cheesecake. The good news is that TGIFriday's sells the vanilla bean cheesecake from the Factory for less!