Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cooking Class Recap

Last night, I attended my first cooking class: Fall Pasta Sauces

We learned how to make:

Bucaini alla Maitrichanna

Porcini Penne Gorgonzola

Linguini Con Vongle

Ragu Bolgonese Sauce with Shaved Parmigiano

Porcini's Cannelloni

I am in the process of deciding which recipe I want to recreate next week. It was so nice to be able to ask the chef questions as he was preparing the meals. Also, I have always steered away from mushrooms, not sure why, but just have. I actually tried mushrooms in a dish last night, and they were not that bad. I liked them.

Big news yesterday: Ben got his first call from a church wanting him to come preach, then for us to talk with them about ministry positions. The church is two hours from Louisville. He preaches on October 18th.

I am still so tired from last weekend's being sick episode. Tomorrow is my student teacher's last day. I hate to take off on her last day, but I really may have to. I just need to SLEEP, and get to feeling more rested.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, that's a lot to cover in one night! How long was the class? I'm particularly interested in the Porcini Penne Gorgonzola. I LOVE mushrooms. Almost as much as I love gorgonzola! ;-)