Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good Day


This is a picture of my new much cleaner oven. The whole self cleaner thing worked well. Our house smelt ashy for a while, and we had to air it out. Notice how I am not offering other pictures of my house, because well....those areas are not as clean as my oven currently is.

I got to have lunch with my friend Marie at a quaint little cafe. She is such a blessing. I got a Christmas cookie recipe book and plate from her.

I was most impressed with the Christmas service and going away reception they had for HH at one of the nursing homes he volunteers in. HH has volunteered there faithfully for three years every week. They got up and spoke about what his kindness and service meant to them. They were gushing with compliments for my husband. Many of them were even crying, it blew me away just how much of an impact he had on their life.

HH and I have been watching season 7 of 24. Man this show is addictive!

I am going to get brave one day and make Chitown girl's lasagna, but I do like this Last-Minute Lasagna recipe, and want to give it a shot soon.

I am going to get the most out of my Christmas vacation. Tomorrow I am having lunch at Martini's Italian Bistro with my friend Vicki who had my WLS. When I return from lunch, HH and I are headed straight to Nashville, TN to go the Gaylord Opryland Hotel to see ICE. They are featuring "A Charlie Brown Christmas!" We are going to top off the evening with a visit to one of the best catfish restaurants in the world, Cock of the Walk.

No comments: