Sunday, September 5, 2010

In NC

We are wrapping up our very brief trip to NC.  HH had an interview yesterday with a church at the Ridgecrest facility.  (I love the Asheville area!!!)  We met the group at 11:45, and wrapped up shortly after FIVE!  I think it was HH's best interview yet. 

Here are two postcards from Post Secret I wanted to share...




This second picture hits home.  I never met HH's dad, because he passed a few years before we started dating.  I know that he had a big bias against overweight people.  He ran a large dental practice, and wouldn't hire anyone who was overweight.  I recall asking HH if he thought his dad would have liked me.  He paused and said, "He would have liked you more over time."  When I asked him to clarify he said, "You lost about thirty pounds from the time my mom met you until that November.  He would have had more respect for you as you dropped weight."

Can I get an AMEN, that I'm so glad my darling HH isn't like this!!! 

No comments: