Saturday, October 30, 2010

Late to the Game with this One...

Marie Claire's article "Should Fatties Get a Room (Even on TV)?"  You have got to be kidding me?  I'm glad she held back and didn't tell us how she was really feeling.  I believe the aology at the end of the story was half-hearted trying to cover her tail. 

Also, Fooducate's "Not All Calories Equal, Indeed?" and "Forty Percent of Kid's Calories Come from Junk Food."

I got the image below from Glam, Glitz, and Gutz....


And for the teachers out there....

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

LOVED this post!!!

Ok, first of all, that 'article' from Marie Clare is the BIGGEST piece of CRAP I've ever read!!!! It seems to have been written by a snotty little 8th grade girl! How the HELL that magazine allowed that article to be published is beyond me! (ugh! this has my blood boiling!)

2nd, LOVED that photo, and it's completely true!!!! Thanks for the reminder.

Lastly, cute comic! I'm going to print it and hang it in my room somewhere!

How's Matt doing these days? I've had a week straight from the depths of hell, and I completely slacked off in keeping up with you. Sorry. :(

MB said...

I read it for the first time yesterday...so heartless. I was feeling the same way you were about the analogy.