Friday, December 17, 2010

Boring Blogger


I'm been a boring blogger lately.  (Although when I searched for this image, I found it funny that it was the NASCAR image turned into a word that accurately describes it! Ha!) 

BIL Update:

Matt is doing ok.  (Meaning stable, but declining still.)  We went to visit at the hospital on Tuesday night and the neurologist was a complete rude lady.  HH said he didn't think she was rude, but that she was completely socially inept.  This was the first time she had seen Matt, and she shooed us out of the room while she was talking to the CNA.  When she came out she kept repeated "how bad he looked," as if she was preparing my sister for what she was about to see.  She asked for a few other details like how fast the car was going, etc.  My sister very politely said, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

To which she replies, "I didn't give you my name."  She waits about four seconds, and finally mumbles her last name.  She is ordering another EEG to see about brain activity.  I know this upset my sister, because she is afraid that it is going to show diminished brain activity from the previous time it was taken.

Matt entered the hospital at 214, and he now weighs 164 pounds.  They have taken him from a basic feeding tube food to a "protein dense" feeding tube.  I'm not sure if there is anything more they can do for him to slow down the weight loss. 

As of right now, we are going to have our family Christmas tomorrow evening, and HH and I will be making a few trips up there between now and then. 

In Other News...

We got three snow days this week: Monday, Thursday, and Friday.  I personally didn't want any until around February.  I really hated missing Thursday and Friday because we didn't get to do any fun Christmas activities.  Our elementary school is all about achievement, and heaven forbid we ever do anything that looks like it might resemble fun.  Right before Christmas break is one of those few times of exception when it is overlooked, and the kids get to be kids.  We've never missed right before Christmas break.  I don't remember in recent years ever having a snow day before January. 

I didn't do much of anything productive over my time off, but READ!  Yeah!  I am reading this book now:


This book is awesome!  My mom was so right!  I have the second book, and I think I will be purchasing the third book to read before break is over.  I have been telling HH almost everything that has happened thus far, and we've had some interesting dialogue over it.

Christmas cards still need to be sent out.  Sigh.  They are addressed though! 

We are going to watch Jingle All the Way.  It has become a family tradition for HH and I.

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

When Stud was younger, he went through a couple of years when he was obsessed with Jingle All The Way. He would watch it a couple of times a week, all year long!

Bring Pretty Back said...

I just discovered your blog sand I need to read more to see what happened to your nephew. ) :
That woman WAS rude!
I'm off to read more of your blog.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

ChiTown Girl said...

Hey, Girlfriend!! I hope you're enjoying your break as much as I am! I'm actually sitting here on my big butt, watching Rachael Ray, and she's making...wait for it...Bacon Chocolate Chip Waffles!! Of course, that made me think instantly of you! I actually was thinking of you yesterday, too, because one of the cooking blogs I read had a recipe for Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies that sounded awesome! He also had the "recipe" for making candied bacon, which I plan to make this week. YUM!!

Unknown said...

www0622

michael kors
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
polo shirts
raptors jerseys
michael kors outlet
cartier jewelry
longchamp pas cher
pandora jewelry
ray ban sunglasses

Unknown said...

christian louboutin sale
michael kors handbags
true religion jeans
nike presto femme
pandora outlet
golden goose sneakers
prada handbags
hugo boss outlet
polo lacoste
nike factory
fw0822

Unknown said...

Web Site Full Report have a peek at this website see it here official source find

teeta said...

More Bonuses replica bags from turkey Website replica bags online shopping sites replica bags dubai