Saturday, March 12, 2011

Feels Good to be Needed


I've been down with teaching lately.  Not from the teaching kids aspect, I love teaching kids.  It's the paperwork, three hour meetings, seemingly endless data analysis, teacher bashing every news media source, etc that is beating me up.

Today, I woke up at 5:30, because someone needs me...and it feels good.  I'm taking one of my students to the Science and Engineering fair at a local college campus.  I wrote up the note, and told his aunt I would be there at 8:00.  On Friday morning he says, "I'll be on my porch at 7:45 waiting for you Mrs. F."

Seriously LOVE.THIS.KID.  Helping kids realize their potential, being a champion for them is why I became a teacher. 

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

You are the BEST! Enjoy your day with your buddy. :)