Sunday, March 27, 2011

Four Years Post-Op


2008


2009


2010


2011


I had intended on including pictures of me from 2007, but I could not find any.  I know they are on my computer, just not sure where.

Highlights:
  • 257.6 pounds lost
  • maintained weight loss since December 2008
  • weight stays between 135-140 consistently
  • no Coca-Cola for four years
What I am Doing:
  • Labwork 3-4 times a year
  • always eat my protein first
  • No sodas or liquid calories (protein drinks with milk and tomato juice being the exception).
  • Weigh daily (although I can usually tell if I am up or down a few pounds based on how my engagement ring/wedding band or jeans fit)
  • Tons of vitamins
  • Almost zero fast food.  Most of it simply turns my stomach.  I do like chili from Steak n Shake and Fazoli's spaghetti.
The Downside:
  • Eating frequently feels like a chore.
  • My stomach is very finicky.  We make decisions on where to eat based on what I feel my stomach can handle at the given time.
  • My energy level seems to stay very low.  I don't have a lot of stamina.  After a few hours or activity, I'm done.  HH helps out by dropping me off at the door at church, doing the grocery shopping, etc.  When I bought our Brad Paisley tickets, I noticed they had "limited mobility" seating.  I called and talked with the ticket office, saying I was not in a wheelchair, but didn't have great stamina, etc.  We were able to purchase special seating.  At the airport HH pushes me in a wheelchair through the security lines, because carrying our stuff and waiting a long time really tuckers me out.  HH has also pushed me in a wheelchair through several museums too.  I haven't talked about this too much on the blog because it has been a humbling experience needing help.
  • I have made the decision that I don't think it would be best for me to have children from a health perspective.  Many people who have had the DS have had children.  I just do not feel this is the best decision for me personally.  HH and I do want to be parents, and we plan on pursuing international adoption (Africa) within the next 2-3 years.  We' loe to have 2-3 children through this process.
In Continued Spirit of Full Disclosure:
  • I don't exercise.
  • While I always make sure my meal has a heavy protein base, I have been able to eat whatever I want.
  • Some DSers really have had to watch their carbs, I have not had to do that.
Looking Forward To...
  • Being able to wear knee-length skirts, sleeveless dresses, and shorts (not capris!)
  • HH's trust is coming in April/May.  This means I will be able to do plastics.  If we decided to move to South Dakota, timing might be more of an issue.  Do I have them in KY and join HH a little bit later?  Have them in SD?  Get things setting in SD, and fly back for plastics?  I am learning more strongly to having my plastics done here because I am very comfortable with the surgeon.  He has a lot of WLS reconstruction experience.
  • Not retaining a huge amount of water in my thighs anymore!  I have so much loose skin there they literally fill up like water balloons.  It is painful and noticeable when I am walking around.  I can feel the extra water weight swishing around.
  • Burning my last fat outfit.  I've saved a pair of my biggest jeans and shirt.  After plastics, I want to burn that outfit.
Would I Do It Again?

Outside of accepting Jesus as my Savior, and marrying my beloved HH...having the Duodenal Switch was the best decision I have ever made.

5 comments:

MB said...

Tiffany, I have read your blog from start to finish over the course of the last couple years and consistently follow it every week now. I love it when I see an update from you as yours is one of my favorite blogs. I was drawn to it because of your DS experience. Your blog posts were actually the first I'd ever heard of the DS procedure (AFTER my lapband surgery unfortunately). If ever I have to get my lapband removed (which looks like a likely possibility based on what I've read about lapbands :( ), I will pursue the DS, primarily because of the information you've shared (which has led me to further research and other blogs) and how well you and others have done with it.

While I appreciate your blogs about Christianity (fellow Baptist here) and teaching (my mom and tons of family members are teachers, and, though I'm an attorney, I'm pursuing my Ed. D.--working on the dissertation right now--in Curriculum and Instruction...started it before law school and may become a professor or adjunct one day), I love your blogs about the DS the most. You are so inspiring. I really love how honest you are about your life and the process. I just wanted you to know that! And I'm really excited to hear about (and see pictures) of plastics!

At any rate, Happy Surgiversary!!! I'm glad to hear that you still think your DS is one of your best decisions!!!

(Oh, and if ever in lower Alabama/north Florida, we have to meet!)

MB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MB said...

I was also just wondering whether you have a link to your Facebook here? I haven't seen it yet. I don't talk about my WLS on mine (I'm not out in the open about it) but would love to add you and further follow your adventures if that's okay. If you don't have a link, I can send my name in an email message or get it to you some other way. All my pictures are there (I got married last summer--lots of wedding and bridal and engagement shots), so the Facebook profile will tell you a little more about me than my blog (which really just chronicles all things weight loss). Anyhow, let me know!

Unknown said...

www0622


michael kors
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin outlet
polo shirts
raptors jerseys
michael kors outlet
cartier jewelry
longchamp pas cher
pandora jewelry
ray ban sunglasses

Unknown said...

christian louboutin sale
michael kors handbags
true religion jeans
nike presto femme
pandora outlet
golden goose sneakers
prada handbags
hugo boss outlet
polo lacoste
nike factory
aff0w822