Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Never So Happy


to be woken up at 2:50 in the morning from a text.  My sister went out on a date last night.  I was so happy for her.  She called to tell me all about this "country boy" she met, and how they just talked for four hours at a local restaurant.  He is a professional plumber with a strong local company, and he used to ride bulls professionally traveling all around.  (Seriously....bulls, how freakin cool is that?)  I heard some laughter in my sister's voice.  I heard hope of the future.  She is twenty-six years old, and she needs that.  Next week will mark six months since the accident, and my BIL's birthday.  I am proud of her for taking this first step, even if there isn't another date. 

I'll take losing some sleep any day to hear that happiness in her voice again.

No comments: