Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eddie Merlots

I have been waiting for this dinner since January.  I first saw Eddie Merlots while picking up lunches for my student teacher and I to take on a field trip at a downtown bakery.  After looking it up online, I knew it was going to have to be a special occassion type deal.  Last night presented that opportunity.  (HH found out that the committee in South Dakota has unanimously voted for us.  That means they will present our names to the congregation to vote on us coming there.  We have never been this far in "the process"....so it was time to celebrate.

I started off with crab cakes.  Just how I like them....almost all crab and no breading (just enough breading to keep the shape...that is harder to find than you think the further you get away from the coast!).


Since I am not really a steak kinda gal, I had the Double Cut Pork Chop with  peaches and barbecue sauce.


Lobster Mac and Cheese....I barely touched this, but I was planning on it being my meal for lunch today.  It turned out I got two smaller meals out of it. 


HH and I posing together.  Hopefully, I will be posting some news in the next few weeks after the church congregation votes.


For dessert we had Bananas Foster.  It was prepared tableside.  Our service was exceptional.  I am glad we had a great reason to go celebrate!

1 comment:

MB said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!!